Department of Health Sciences and Medicine
The University of Lucerne is the youngest university in Switzerland. Founded in 2000, it comprises four faculties and has around 3'000 students. The interdisciplinary Department of Health Sciences and Medicine promotes high quality research and training in the fields of: Health Sciences and Health Policy, Medicine and Rehabilitation.
The project "Health 2040" aims at measuring preferences of patients and health professionals for newly emerging outpatient health care models. Within this project we are offering a
PhD Position in Health Policy (100%)
with a focus on the preferences of health professionals. The research project is embedded in the Swiss Learning Health System (SLHS), which is a collaborative platform between seven academic partner institutions.
Start date of the position is January 1, 2020 or by arrangement. The PhD student will be enrolled at the Department of Health Sciences and Medicine and will have the opportunity to take courses in PhD programs offered by the SLHS and the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+). The workplace will be located in Lucerne.
- Research on preferences of health professionals for newly emerging outpatient health care models within the project "Health2040"
- Writing scientific publications
- Support in teaching and administration
- Master's degree with a background in political sciences, economics, social sciences, nursing sciences, medicine, public health, or similar
- Strong academic record (GPA of 5.0 or better is required for students from Swiss Universities, or equivalent for students from abroad)
- Interest in experimental research methods as well as quantitative and qualitative work in the fields of health policy evaluation or political sciences
- Solid foundations in statistics and statistical programs such as R or Stata
- Excellent knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
- Strong analytical skills as well as structured and responsible working method
- Excellent communication and rhetorical skills
- Ability to work in a team
The candidate can expect to work in a challenging position and she/he will have the opportunity to build his/her own network with other researchers and stakeholders from the field of health care and health policy.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter, CV, copies of university transcripts indicating your study achievements and an example research project (e.g., master thesis, term paper) until October 11, 2019 by clicking on the link below.